Thursday, March 19, 2009

Florida Vacation - Part 1

Well, it's been long since I've updated so here goes...a quick business update: my December 2008 shows all in all went well and currently I'm working on a froggy blanket for a customer that will take another few weeks to complete.
I took a vacation to Florida in March with my mom, visited my grandma, aunt, uncle and cousins. It was a lot of fun and we got a lot done in 5 days: the zoo twice, Disney (Magic Kingdom and Epcot) and visiting my aunt and uncle's 11 dogs, many birds and more.

I'll update about the Jacksonville Zoo in this post. I grew up there and they have improved on the zoo by leaps and bounds. It is beautiful and has a lot of exhibits and interactions you can't find everywhere.
Last time we were able to see and pet the stingrays they have in a petting pool but that was closed this time around. I still got to feed the lorikeets, lori and giraffes, it was a lot of fun! Of course they have jaguars on display since the football team is the Jacksonville Jaguars. The zoo is mostly broken into different sections like Australia, South America, Africa and Florida. The Florida area includes alligators, cottonmouth, panthers and many more Florida natives.
I remember the capybaras at the Jax Zoo since I was little. My uncle who took me said they are my cousin's favorite.

I also snapped a picture of the two toed sloth, definitely not an animal your often get to see up close.
My favorite things is always interaction with the animals. Sometimes it takes a lot of patience but I was able to coax lorikeets and finally the lori to sit on my hand for a drink of sugar water :o)

2 comments:

Piggy said...

Great photos! I was just back on a holiday as well. I went to Bangkok :) Although I didn't do any sight seeing.. :P

hy said...

glad you are doing well!
love the zoo images!