Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Back to You

Well, I started off my day in L.A., CA by going to my annual painting spot at Color Me Mine (a paint on ceramics place). I always decide what I want to do before so I can print out a lot of reference photos. This year, I decided to paint and squirrel monkey and baby on a plate. I'll upload a pic when I get home though it needs to be fired first at this point. I was rushing because I can easily spend 7-10 hrs there. It opened at 11am. My mom came along too and it was a bit after 12 by the time we sat down to paint. She painted a surprise for my sister and couldn't stay too long since she was meeting someone. I was rushing to finish by 4pm and went a little over on time but all worked out well.

The whole time issue was to make it to see a taping of Back To You, the tv show with Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton. It is a really well written show. Other than the studio being freezing and the random lines seeming inefficient, you could tell that the actual production was filled to the brim with seasoned professionals. There were only 2 or 3 takes per scene with a couple exceptions. Sometimes it runs to 10pm but it refreshingly let out around 8pm. Not that I wouldn't have been happy to see more but I don't like being cold ;o)

Some scenes were recorded ahead of time which is why things didn't take as long. The majority of the scenes were with Grammer, Heaton and the young girl who plays Grace. Other than seeing a game show when I was quite young, this was the first sitcom I've seen on set. The girl who plays Grace was exceptionally professional. I don't think I could ever keep a straight face through the majority of those scenes. This is the episode when she find out that Chuck, played by Grammer, is her father. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but the director, writers and actors are really great and a lot of fun. I'm not exactly sure when the episode will air, we were told 4-5 weeks.

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Sea World for the day, will update when I can :o)
~Rachel

1 comment:

snowy652 said...

sounds like a fun fun day -- never been to television show taping

blessings ~ Shelley