Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Los Angeles Zoo

Well, of course flamingos are always in zoos and usually toward the front. They started bickering and my mom especially wanted me to take pics.

I will say we made the best of our trip although the L.A. zoo leaves something to be desired. I hadn't been there in years and they're still under major construction of a lot of the same things that are still blocked and not open. I look forward to seeing large cats and reptiles. The reptile house was closed and there were only a few through the park. Also, many animals are in fenced in cages (terrible for pics) and deep in shadow and plants. Many were hiding too. It seemed like the antelope/gazelle types were the most visible.

My mom's absolute favorite animals are giraffes and I encourage any love of animals. Not so usually seen at zoos are these Masaii giraffes :o)
I've gotten my mom pins, clothing, whatever I can think of with giraffes on them.



And last but not least are some of my favorites. I'd say my top
faves are wild cats and reptiles, also unusual animals. These two came out particularly nice :o)

3 comments:

AuntDsHandcrafts said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you both had fun at the zoo :)

Alicia said...

those pics are amazing!

Julie Ann Art said...

aw i LOVE the zoo. except somehow i think the LA one is better than the Detroit one...